When my Grandfather was Sheriff of Bismarck, ND., appointed by the Governor, he was a well respected officer of the law and performed his duties with merit. At re-election time, corruption was still rampant through out the area and he found out real quick how and who, what and when.
As I was raised in Arizona, my parents instilled in me honor, truth and respect among other attributes. Always treat everyone with the same respect and dignity regardless of who they are. Regardless of their race. I grew up in the Scottsdale area of the Phoenix Metro, where we had many people of color, race, creed. All my friends.
My parents were active in the Goldwater campaign and we had many events and interesting people to our house almost every weekend. This was in the 60's and I was born in 57.
As children, we were in the Indian Guides, which is where we learned of the Papago and Navajo life, history and ancestry. We made many friends with the local Indians. The values and beliefs taught then, influence my life to this day.
The Boy Scouts Of America have been slammed for discrimination, however, my brother and I were Boy scouts, my brother achieving Eagle and I reached Life. Truly the values of this organization influence me as well. Honest, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind and obedient. We learned how to survive if lost or a disaster occurred.
My faith has also been an influence in my life. My parents instilled Faith based values based on the Bible. Again, the 'radical right wing bible thumpers' have made more a mess of things than any help at all. Before, we honored our Country, One Nation Under God. Our Country was founded on religious freedom. My relationship with God is the center of my life, the guiding force. Without the Spirit, we are not complete.
I summarize this for you, in order to understand that I am a person of Honor. Truthfulness and Integrity. The values I learned from Faith, from the Indian Tribes, from the Organizations we belonged to, through Student Council in school, from my extensive travels as an adult all over this globe; all of this frames the essence that I am. I wish to represent the people who cannot for some reason, have their voice heard. I wish to represent ALL of the people in this District that I live, and later beyond.
I say all this so you have a better and more clear sense of who I am when you read the following article published in today's Key West Citizen.
Follow the link below and make your own decision.
http://keysnews.com/node/16437
Political advertising paid for and approved by James Marquardt, Candidate FOR Key West City commission, District 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment