Tuesday, September 15, 2009

PRESS RELEASE

Here is the Press Release from yesterday:

P R E S S R E L E A S E


On August 20, 2009, I filed a complaint with the State Attorney’s office regarding a disturbing visit I received from Scott Fraser a political advisor for Clayton Lopez, the sitting District 6 Commissioner.

On August 17th, 2009, Scott Fraser called and asked to meet with me. On August 18th during the visit to my home, Mr. Fraser recommended that I drop out of the race for District 6 City Commissioner and if I didn’t he threatened the Audit with the BCCLT would not fare well, “devastating” and the same for me for any future plans I may have. This visit was witnessed by my partner.

Whether veiled or explicit, legal or illegal, most people do not tolerate threats or intimidations. I don’t and I certainly don’t think the good citizens of District 6 do either. This felt like an attempt at blackmail.

This is not appropriate behavior for any political team. Threats and blackmail are tactics of bad politics. They are tactics used by the supposed powerful on the supposed powerless. They are meant to scare and intimidate.

I, and the good citizens of District 6 are neither scared, powerless nor will be intimidated by wrong. We have a voice and we will make that voice heard. That’s why I filed the complaint.

The State Attorney has determined that no law was broken and therefore they will not pursue any further investigation at this time. But this issue is not over for the people of District 6. They can decide if they want this kind of politics to go on.

The power is in our hands to stop it. I say it is time to stop.

My name is James Marquardt and I am the candidate to represent you in District 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment