Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Issues and Change

We have heard alot about change. We as a nation saw the need and embraced REAL change last November. To bring that change home to you, my slogan is Be A Part of Positive Change. If we are not active in our future, what will happen?

I believe the most important question for the residents of District 6 is what action and change do you want from your Commissioner? I will be Proactive, Responsive and Bold on your critical issues. Real change.

New eyes on the problems, fresh, bold approaches and an Engaged Community.

What do I mean when I say NEW EYES? I mean eyes not directed or tainted by any particular group or political interest. Eyes that see more possibilities than problems. Your eyes and mine.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are best when presented clearly and boldly such as harnessing solar heat to keep our pool open all year. E grants are available for Solar, Wind, etc. Our pool can easily be fitted for solar heating and power. Green is Clean. Key West was green for years. We need to get back and capture what we lost.

The best ideas have come from YOU. Like installing safety railing along the Southernmost point attraction and infront of Hemingways House. This will keep our visitors safer from a possible accident or worse; keeping them from darting out into traffic to get their pictures or crossing the street. It will also force tourist buses to conduct pick up's and drop off's legally and not in front of the attractions holding up all traffic.

A new E business with an E vehicle shuttling our visitors from Lower Duval to Upper Duval with one stop in the middle. Say $5.00 to ride all day? This will bring those who would not otherwise have opportunity, to reach our fine business' from one end of Duval to the other. It will also alleviate the heavy burden downtown. New business helping business.

Visual beautification is always on my mind. Key West is a world class destination for many things such as art, music, history and of course our waters. Art is one passion of this community. Why not bring it onto our streets via Street Pole Flagging? Attractive flagging such as UPPER DUVAL, ART DISTRICT, HISTORIC BAHAMA VILLAGE, HISTORIC SEAPORT, LOWER DUVAL, etc.

I have a solid background in working Business with Business.

I have a solid background with affordable housing as past President of the BCCLT.

I support the BCCLT and will support any organization seeking to do good in District 6.

We must be actively engaged as a community and I continue to look forward to meeting with business owners and members of our community as we go forward for Positive Change.

Until next time, see you on the streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment