Tuesday, July 7, 2009

51st Annual Convention Florida Voters League

On Saturday, June 27th I had the privilege to MC this fine event. The Keynote Speaker was Congresswoman Carrie Meek, the first African American elected to Congress from Florida since Reconstruction.

What an inspiring speech Congresswoman Meek gave to the group of about 150! I was also inspired by the young children's speeches. What a wonderful future these children will have.

Voices of Praise sang inspirational songs and Vanessa DiGennaro captivated the audience with her beautiful voice and stage presence.

I could not help but take note of the lack of City Officials with the exception of City Commissioner Johnson and County Commissioner DiGenarro. This makes me even more committed to unifying our community.

Until Next time, see you on the streets!

Political advertising paid for and approved by James Marquardt Candidate for Key West City Commission District 6

No comments:

Post a Comment